Research Project: SmarTUR - Tourism in smart destinations
The aim of SMARTUR is to move forward in the study of mobility as a social and technological phenomenon. In line with work carried out in previous projects, this project will coordinate and supplement technological research focused on three areas: Destinations, territory and mobility, identifying main destinations in the Basque Country; Smart Destinations, strengthening the relationship between visitor and destination; Data economy in tourism, studying ways to manage and make more efficient use of data.
- To identify the primary and secondary destinations in the Basque Country, and the relationship between them, according to visitor profile; determine the destinations that have had the greatest impact on visitors and why
- Monitor the digital footprint of visitors on websites of our destinations and social networks.
- Detect the least invasive means of capturing visitor context information in destinations (open spaces)
- Link tourism resource managers for the development of tools that will provide mobile visitors with information about their resources
- Create services to be consumed in mobility
- Monitor data from social networks and from opinions
- Optimize the display of statistical data, social networks and other sources to enable managers and tourism stakeholders for to put them to better use.
- Improve efficiency in the use of data economy in tourism.
- Identify patterns of visitor behaviour, mobility and consumption in destination and patterns in the decision-making process at different stages of a trip
- Study smart destinations
- Generate the basic infrastructure of the smart destination
- Study the relationship of visitors with the area
- Infrastructures aimed at creating context-based services at the smart destination
Official project number
Status and date of completion