Research Project: RECOM Recommendation trends and roadmap
This projects aims at defining the next functional steps towards an information relevance platform to be used by a Deutsche Telekom spinoff, Yoochoose. It is aimed at comparing recommendation technologies through benchmarks. It is also aimed at defining a set of metadata as they represent a critical factor for providing recommendations.
The specific objectives are:
- identification of contact points to other fields like information search and user profile management;
- tools, equipment and data sets for benchmarking recommendation results;
- best practice documentation about the influence of new functions, settings of the system and metadata quality;
- cooperation towards a metadata architecture plus best practices for Entertainment applications.
In a second phase, we will design and test a system that can deliver music recommendations for a group of user and that will adapt the recommendations based on the contextual situation of the group. The reference scenario is in car entertainment; the passengers will be recommended with music that is adapted to the car location, i.e., to the nearby points of interest, the time, and the user mood.
In particular, the specific objectives of this second phase are:
- analyze DT requirements related to the personalization of music tracks for a group of users and for location-based music services;
- identify appropriate techniques for addressing these context-aware requirements;
- design and develop appropriate algorithms based on previous results developed in FUB on context-aware recommendations;
- test the proposed techniques and prototypes on a set of data provided by DT.
Official project number
Status and date of completion